Sunday, October 19, 2008

Broke or gun totin'? You decide.

Law school was something like having to make dinner while you are actually inside the pressure cooker. Studying for the bar was something like wanting to shoot yourself or someone else, depending on the day. Actually, it was exactly like that, not something like that, who am I kidding?

Now that it's all over, I'm broke. Here's a tip: you know all those student loans? Yeah. You have to pay them back.Post graduation, allow me to present you with your choices in this arena: you can (1) be broke or (2) get a corporate job, be stuffed in a dusty corner writing memos for several years and continue wanting to shoot yourself or someone else, only you won't have time, because you'll sit in that dusty corner 400 hours a week. Really, it's up to you.

So, I've opted for the being broke job, which isn't so bad. Here's an example. I had a lot to do the other morning but a chill afternoon, so I ate some lunch, then took a nap on the futon until the fill-in office guy gently woke me, on one knee, to present me with an ice cream sundae. Seriously, this really happened. We hung out and ate ice cream and watched some you tube and I got hired into some stuff over the phone, then the guy I work for came back, and we all went out back and watched him smoke like it was going to make him tall or something. Here's a tip: smoking is bad for you. It will not make you tall, though it will make you dead, which, on the up side, will enable you to do a fine impression of John McCain's smile.

I think I made the right decision.

No comments: